Homes for Destitute Families
- 30 more safe, secure homes were built for desperately poor families in Holy Family Friendship Village in Pistere.
- Another 20 are nearly completes as the final phase of a multi-year project that changed living coditions for 210 families.
- The weekly medical clinic in Pope Francis Friendship Village in Dumas completed its third year of meeting basic healthcare needs for hundreds of people each week
- The weekly medical clinic in Our Lady of Perpetual Help Village in Garde Saline serve hundreds of people each week.
- We sponsored mobil clinics based at the community centers in four of our villages with no access to care. These monthly mobile clinics provide basic medical care to people who may have never before seen a physician.
Safe Water and Sanitation
- 30 families had indoor sanitation facilities included in their new home. Another 20 more will have them very soon.
- 30 families also received a new rainwater capture system incorporated into their home. Another 20 will have them soon.
Sustainable Food and Income
- The Goat project reached a development milestone when the size of the heard grew significant enough to allow distribution of goats to families prepared to care for them.
- Cassava processing facilites were restored to working order allowing village farmers to process crops and make a greater profit.
- A solar charging station was installed in the community center in Bassin providing a source of income for the community that can be used to meet their needs.
Education and Community Leadership
- Fourty-two residents in villages built by Hope for Haitians, volunteered as members of their local leadership council. Their volunteer commitment provides greater local participation and responsibility for decisions related to sustainable improvements.
- Two new Leadership Councils were formed and trained. This now means 80% of the families we have worked with over the last 21 years have locally trained leadership to continue development of their village.
- Support and training for Leadership councils continued in four additional villages.
- Funds raised by the Fun Bun Run 5K for Education provided scholarships that ensured access to education for 160 students in four of our villages.
- An additional 50 adults received vocational training.
- Flooding in North Haiti in early 2022 was devistating for many families, destroying crops and drowning the goats and cows that serve as sources of food and income. Aid from Donors has provided funds to restore these esesntial animals to over 100 families.
With your support we can change more lives in 2023
No donations are accepted at this time
Celebrating Hope and Progress in 2022
Video interview with Dr. Cleantus Jean, Jr. at the new clinic located in Pope Francis Friendship Village, Dumas, Haiti.
Video includes drone and ground footage of the Village of the Blessed Virgin Mary village projects in Pistere and related sustainability projects