Identify Opportunities for Nonprofit to be Podcast Guest
We are seeking a proactive volunteer to identify podcasters interested in Haiti’s social issues, with the ultimate goal of scheduling our Executive Director or Board Members as guests on their podcasts. The aim is to amplify the impact of Hope for Haitians’ work in water, housing, medical support, education, leadership development, sustainable food sourcing, and income production in impoverished Haitian communities.
- Conduct targeted research to identify podcasts that align with the key areas of our NGO’s work: water, housing, medical, education, leadership development, sustainable food sourcing, and income production.
- Reach out to podcast hosts to inquire about guest opportunities, specifically focusing on featuring our Executive Director or Board Members.
- Develop a well-organized database of potential podcast partners, including status updates, contact details, and follow-up plans.
- Strong research and internet skills
- Effective communication and outreach capabilities
- Familiarity with podcast platforms and scheduling processes
- A genuine interest in the mission and work of Hope for Haitians
- Gain hands-on experience in media relations and nonprofit outreach
- Opportunity to make a tangible impact in impoverished communities in Haiti
- If desired, a reference letter provided upon successful completion of the project
This is your chance to change the narrative of Haiti. Media often focuses on Haiti’s challenges, gang violence, poverty dysfunctional government, overshadowing local communities’ significant progress in partnership with thoughtful NGOs. This narrative misses the resilience, innovation, and positive change that are equally part of Haiti’s story. You can help set the stage to change the story of Haiti.
The Executive Director is an experienced presenter with prior appearances on radio and television. Once a list of podcasts and hosts is compiled and some initial bookings are set, the project will be handed over to the media coordination team to take responsibility for future bookings.
Location: Virtual-Remote Work Online, or Rockford, IL
Time per Week: Approximately 4-6 hours per week, timing is flexible.
Length of commitment: Role is ongoing, minimum commitment 6 months