As an Impact Mapping Coordinator, you will play an integral role in mapping the impact of our community development initiatives. Using ArcGIS, you will create visual representations of our project areas and impacts, aiding us in tracking progress, and conveying our impact to our donors, partners, and the communities we assist.
- Utilize ArcGIS software to visually represent project impacts and community development initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive GIS database of current and completed projects, including homes, community centers, water sources and other improvements.
- Work collaboratively to gather, analyze, and interpret spatial data related to our services in medical care, education, and leadership development.
- Design mapping methodologies to track and showcase the organization’s efforts and impact over time.
- Translate data into easy-to-understand and impactful formats for a variety of audiences, including donors, community members, and internal teams.
- Regularly update maps and databases to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Collaborate with the communication team to develop compelling visual maps for storytelling and impact reporting.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- ArcGIS Proficiency: Ability to create and manage maps.
- GIS Database Management: Experience in maintaining a GIS database.
- Spatial Data Analysis: Skills in analyzing and interpreting spatial data.
- Data Translation: Translate data into clear formats for diverse audiences.
- Communication: Convey mapping results clearly.
- Proficiency in French and/or Creole is a plus
- Familiarity with Trello and Slack a plus.
Hope for Haitians has an active ArcGIS Account and uses Trello for project management and Slack for internal communication. All needed access to these tools will be provided to the Impact Mapping Coordinator. The Impact Mapping Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
Location: Virtual-Remote Work Online, or Rockford, IL
Time per Month: 1-5 hours
Length of commitment: Role is ongoing, minimum commitment 6 months