The Board of Directors Assistant plays a crucial role in ensuring effective communication and maintaining accurate records for the Hope for Haitians Board of Directors. Acting as the primary liaison between board members, the Coordinator facilitates smooth communication between the Board of Directors and the Executive Director, while ensuring proper notice and record-keeping.
– Coordinate and distribute meeting agendas, materials, and relevant information to board members in a timely manner.
– Maintain an up-to-date contact list for board members.
– Attend (virtually) quarterly committee and board meetings to record accurate minutes.
– Maintain a comprehensive record of discussions, decisions, and action items during meetings (20 total meetings per year).
– Prepare and distribute meeting minutes to board members.
– Maintain official board records, including meeting minutes, bylaws, and resolutions.
– Assist in organizing and maintaining an archive of the organization’s board-related documents.
– Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with utmost discretion.
– Previous experience in a similar administrative role supporting a board of directors is beneficial but not mandatory.
Serving as the Communications and Records Coordinator will directly contribute to our mission of delivering positive change for Haitian families in poverty. By assuming administrative responsibilities from board members, this role allows them to focus on their primary responsibilities such as fundraising and program development/implementation. Additionally, the Coordinator brings consistency and coherency to board-related materials.
To support the Coordinator in their tasks, a shared drive has been set up, granting access to all necessary materials. A project board on Trello has been implemented to keep tasks on schedule, and communication tools such as Slack and email are in place to facilitate effective communication among team members.
Location: Virtual-Remote Work Online, or Rockford, IL
Time per Month: 2-4 hours most months, 8-12 hours Board meeting months (Oct, Jan. Apl, July)
Length of commitment: Role is ongoing, minimum commitment 1 year