Crunch Data – Change Lives! – NGO Data Analyst
Hope for Haitians seeks a skilled and dedicated volunteer Data Analyst to help us make sense of the data we collect from our programs and our supporters. As a Data Analyst volunteer, you will work closely with our team to identify and track key metrics, develop reports and dashboards, and provide actionable insights to help us better understand our impact and improve our programs and fundraising.
• Collect and organize data from various sources, including digital surveys, program evaluations, and other sources.
• Develop and maintain a data management system to ensure the accuracy and completeness of our data.
• Analyze data using statistical tools and techniques to identify trends, patterns, and insights.
• Develop reports and dashboards to communicate key metrics and performance indicators to stakeholders.
• Work closely with our leadership to provide data-driven insights that help inform program design, implementation, and evaluation.
• Professional experience in statistics, mathematics, data management or a related field.
• Demonstrated experience working with large datasets and using statistical tools and techniques to analyze data.
• Proficiency in data analysis software such as Excel, SQL, R, Python, or similar tools.
• Experience with ArcGIS a plus
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Passion for improving the lives of people in underprivileged communities.
• Proficiency in French and/or Creole is a plus.
This volunteer role provides you the opportunity to participate in life changing work helping Haitian Families. As a volunteer with Hope for Haitians, you will help us provide homes for those with no shelter, safe water for children and adults, basic medical care, education and more in rural impoverished communities in Haiti. Your volunteer work will ensure proper monitoring and measurement of impact. That in turn helps ensure the best use of funds so we get the maximum benefit for individuals in need from each dollar. We are ready for your help.
Hope for Haitians has an active ArcGIS account and currently collects data using Survey CTO and other reporting tools. Projects are managed using Trello Boards and team communication is via Slack. All access needed for the completion of the project will be provided. You will report directly to the Executive Director and a key contributor to the work of the RECAP (program) workgroup of the Board of Directors.