Chicken Etouffee Ingredients
GET READY TO COOK
See the ingredient list below for the Creole dish Chicken Etouffee which we will prepare FEB 16, 2021 6pm CST under the expert instruction of Cheryl Knecht Munoz of the Sugar Beet Schoolhouse.
- 4 lbs skinless boneless chicken thighs (or substitute andouille sausage, shrimp or crayfish – pound for pound. (Vegetarians – you can substitute fresh mushrooms – oyster mushrooms would be a great choice for this.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart stock (chicken, shrimp or mushroom broth – depending on the protein you use)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY SEASONING
- 1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and cayenne or Louisiana hot sauce to taste
Location: Exclusive Zoom Room (registration required)
Join us for a fun time learning how to prepare a classic Creole dish. The process is simple, register for the event and you will receive an email with the ingredient list, recipe and a private zoom link to join the event.
Get everything ready and join us from your kitchen on the night of the event as our chef leads you step by step through the process of preparing this delicious creole comfort food.
What to join but have a conflict: Register anyway. All participants will get a link to a video of the class showing how to make the recipe.